Well, here we go again, another mad lib for those looking to lighten the mood. Many of us have a past filled with cringe inducing memories. Dwelling there can fuel regret and in turn ignite new and destructive behaviors in the present. This pattern is all too common, and it’s one of the covert ways addiction tries to reboot itself. Learning to cope with personal history and forgive ourselves, even to the point of laughing at who we were, is an important step in starting to remove our symbolic chains. Doing so can help purge our outdated and flawed database of excuses. Please read the opening for my first entry because it further clarifies why I’m doing this. Here is the link – 75. A MAD LIB FOR ADDICTS
As before there’s no way to utilize a fill-in-the-blank format for this entry. Please use a separate piece of paper and simply match the numbers. The choices I have provided for the blanks make things a lot more specific than your typical mad-lib. It’ll come out much funnier this way, trust me. Try to fill out your form without scrolling all the way down or highlight just the word prompts on the top half and print it out. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Even more confessions of an addict
- A yummy food ______________________
- A yucky food ______________________
- A number _______________________
- A weird object(s) ________________________
- A moderately high number ________________________
- Any laundry item ________________________
- Disgusting adjective ________________________
- Something smelly ________________________
- Embarrassing action ________________________
- Adverb or adverbial phrase (how did you jump? like an idiot, quickly, halfheartedly) ________________________
- A person you don’t like ________________________
- A way of speaking ________________________
- A famous song that has lyrics ________________________
- A person you associate with ________________________
- A way to put something in your body (feel free to get REALLY creative here, it can be a phrase) ________________________
- A hazardous substance ________________________
- Something addictive, doesn’t have to be a drug ________________________
- An action directed towards an object or person ________________________
- Another action directed towards an object or person ________________________
- A famous person ________________________
- A weird or made-up deity (God) or an object of devotion ________________________
- A fluid ________________________
- A plural object capable of holding a small amount of something ________________________
- An undesirable place ________________________
- An article of clothing or costume ________________________
- A weird person ________________________
- Objects ________________________
- People (age groups, occupation groups, lifestyle groups as in cops, babies, bums, etc., you get the idea) ________________________
Just like the first one I posted, this one works the same way. Words with a ( ) are optional to help flesh out and make sense of the players chosen words.
- My favorite food to eat after getting wasted is _____1_____ mixed with _____2_____.
- Once during a blackout I got online and bought _____3_____ _____4_____ for _____5_____ dollars.
- At one time I went so long without washing my _____6_____ that they ended up smelling like _____7_____ _____8_____.
- One of the shameful things I’ve done is _____9_____ _____10_____ and then (ended up) blaming ____11_____ for it.
- Unbeknownst to me, my friends once filmed me _____12_____ all the words to _____13_____ while I was trying to talk to (my, the, a) _____14_____.
- The first time I tried to sober up I desperately tried _____15_____ ground up (liquefied) _____16_____ because I couldn’t find (or “wouldn’t”) _____17_____.
- I once found a picture on my phone of me _____18_____ and _____19_____ (on) a statue of _____20_____.
- Someone once told me that at twelve-step meetings they worship _____21_____ and drink _____22_____ out of _____23_____.
- I once woke up in (an) _____24_____ wearing nothing but a (an) _____25_____ and looking like _____26_____.
- I remember stealing _____27_____ and trying to them to _____28_____.
Please put your responses into the comments below so all of us can share in your laughter!
Comment and share as you wish.
With Love and Compassion, Daniel Andrew Lockwood